Firewalls have the ability to further enhance security by activating granular control over the types of functions and processes of systems that have access to network resources. This firewall can use various types of signatures and host conditions to allow or deny traffic. Even though it sounds complicated, a firewall is relatively easy to install, install, and operate.
- Constant IP – Makes it easy for intruders who find your computer on the internet to find you again and again.
- High Speed Access – Means an intruder can work faster when trying to get into your computer.
- Connection is always active – meaning your computer is vulnerable every time you connect to the internet.
- You surf the internet at home using a ‘always active’ broadband connection
- You are connected to the internet through public WiFi networks in parks, cafes, or airports
- You run a home network that must remain isolated from the internet
- You want to be kept informed when there are programs on your computer that are trying to connect to the internet
- Most Personal Firewalls are very configurable so you can easily create a security policy that suits your personal needs